Friday, July 22, 2011

Philadelphia Belle's Last Days

I heard on the local news that The Philadelphia Belle had just ceased operations on Penns Landing and something inside me said I had to go down there and photograph this beautiful vessel before she sails away. I had seen this type of ship before in New Orleans over a decade ago and I had always thought it was such a beauty. Surely enough when I arrived, Belle was empty and so was the parking lot but she was still there as though she knew I was coming to photograph her.

Up til now, I had not heard of Belle's operations which apparently had be going on since December of 2010, a bad time to start such an endeaveor in the middle of winter.

I know for certain that Philadelphia can support this type of cruise with a starting package price of just under 30$ if it had been better marketted. I'm expecting a better marketting company will will soon replace this because the Spirit of Philadephia alone cannot support the needs of the fifth largest city in the nation...









Enjoy the journey...
ADP

No comments:

Post a Comment