Friday, September 09, 2011

Flooding of the Schuylkill Banks from Hurricane Lee

Drove out to the Schuylkill Banks this afternoon to see how badly the damage had been done by Hurricane Lee. To my Amazement, most the of bank had been cleaned up by volunteer community efforts last weekend.

As I was walking towards JFK bridge, I noticed some yellow bushes that were buried by a load of branches, the natural thing to do was to clear them which I did. I have to say, it felt pretty good to be able to say that I might have saved their lives (first picture below)
.
Flooding onto the trail by the PECO Building.


View from Walnut Street Bridge
Community Effort Clean Up on Sat 9/3/2011
This is one of my favorite spot to capture the Cira Building. Click on the pics below to see:

One of my favorite buildings in Philly, the Cira Center. That metal line is the fence. Cira Pictures.

Enjoy the journey...ADP

No comments:

Post a Comment